Skip to main content

Living after the 'But'



Hello King's Daughters.

I know you haven't heard from me in a while, there is so much to say to you and so much want to share and have been keeping it all in for so long that I almost feel embarrassed to suddenly pop up again in your life. However, I know that if I just share a little now that the flow will return and I will find a way to keep in touch with you more often.

So forgive me if some of this doesn't make sense, I cannot update you on all I have been through in the past year but I would like to update you on recent events.  You see, God has blessed me with a business, the Women's Business Club.  It has been up and running for one year and nine months now as has grown from strength to strength.  I have loved almost every minute of the journey, there have been a few challenging minutes that I have not loved too much but mostly I have loved the journey.

One thing that came of this business is financial profit.  After years of lack and financial struggle I finally found myself in a good place of having enough.  Of course I want more of that, I want plenty. Plenty not only to enjoy life more but also to give - I do love to give.

In the past weeks I have found one thing after another has attacked my income to the point of risking going back to having nothing.  I couldn't bear the thought of back to poverty and scraping by.  Is this God or the devil? Who knows!  I do know that God is with me and is always working in and through me, so even in this dark season I look to him to find out what He has to teach me.  This is one lovely lesson that I am learning, I call it the 'But'.

I am feeling stronger in the Lord now after feeling nowhere for a while and I know that He has a plan and purpose for my life. However, we are not in the clear yet, the battle still rages, this morning I woke up to discover that we have lost another source of income. So please join me as I stand on and activate God's promises in my life.

Today I declare:

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:19

I feel that the 'But' in this verse is very important. You see, verse 18 says:

"I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God."

For me, I relate to this as I was in a time of having more than enough after many years of poverty. I cannot help but wonder if God wants to remind me of the 'But' so that I don't become dependent on myself but that I remain dependent on His supply according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I want to get back to having more than enough because I am generous and do give as much as possible, especially to my church. So please pray that I quickly learn what God is trying to teach me, that I am humble and live after the But!

I have so much more to share with you and I will do my best to do so more regularly, but for now I leave you with the 'But' to ponder on.

Please keep in touch too, comment below, I would love to hear from you.


Comments

  1. 👏GODS PLANS👏 ARE IN GODS HANDS👏Blessings to you always Sis. He absolutely allows us to go through these trials to make us stronger and wiser. He already has our paths mapped out. Everything we experience is already written. We will hold on and stay strong in His Word.💖👏🙏😄💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement Mia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo